Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Joseph Smith - A Prophet of God

Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
Jesus anointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last dispensation,
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere.



Sister Peltzer
I had believed in Joseph Smith and the account of the First Vision all my life, but I never really knew for myself that it was true until my mission. I had the opportunity to be part of our mission choir, and one song we learned was Praise to the Man. One time as we were practicing it, our choir director decided that it would sound cool if we were accompanied by the organ, which we were. I don't know why, but because of that organ accompaniment l was able to feel the spirit of that song in a completely different way. It was at that moment that I knew he really was called of God and everything he did was true.



Elder Chubak
Joseph Smith, the American Prophet, did more in his short life than most have ever accomplished in a great and long life.  Greatest of all his works was the re-establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ, containing the pure gospel as had in our Lord's own time.  Hidden truths were restored through him, and previously unknown holy scriptures were brought to the light.

It was through deep study and wondering over the Book of Mormon (one of the book of scriptures brought about through Joseph Smith) and prayer, that I came to understand the divinity of his role as Prophet.  You can too.



Millions shall know "Brother Joseph" again.

Learn more about Joseph Smith by visiting http://mormon.org/beliefs/joseph-smith

No comments:

Post a Comment